How to protect your builds!
You can purchase claims inside of any town! This will teach you how to use them.
TownCraft has a powerful land claiming system. Members can claim areas which will make them entirely protected from griefing or raiding. You can also use this tool to create towns, subclaims, and even lease / sell claims/subclaims.
As a member:
- Find a town you like. Portals at spawns and /warps will show all of the towns.
- Find an open plot with a [RealEstate] sign. Right click to purchase the subclaim.
- You are now the proud owner / renter of said claim.
- You may use /trust to trust friends in your plot.
- You may also use the "/kit claimtools" command to get tools and claim your own land!
- This means the claim is for sell. This is a 1 time purchase, and you will own that plot.
- Town owners still have access to it, but ultimately are not allowed to touch your stuff.
- If you buy a plot and leave the server for longer than 30 days, your plot may be resold!
- If you no longer want a plot, you may surrender it back to the town mayor.
- This means the claim is for rent. This requires you to pay rent every time the plot expires.
- Failure to pay rent will result in loosing access to the claim.
- If you no longer want the plot, clean it up and let the timer expire.
- Note: If you restore a rented plot to it's original state you may get some money back from the town owner.
- This means the claim is for sell. This is multiple payments to pay it off. Usually for a large plot with a prebuilt home and a high price.
- The lease will charge you every day with the said amount until the claim is paid off. This will auto-deduct gold from your inventory!
- Make sure to keep your gold in your inventory when logging off to prevent payments from failing!
- Failing a payment will result in a loss of the claim. It's a hassle to get it back for you and the mayor.
It may seem complex when explained here, but you simply right click a sign, and it is done. You can use /RE in game inside of said claim for detailed information on a claim for sell/rent/lease.
- Builds in the wild are not protected, you may be raided! PvP is also a factor.
- Mobs can damage buildings in the wild. Zombies can break doors, creepers can boom, and fire spreads! Be careful!
- You may claim land to protect it from griefing.
- If you want to become a mayor, you may apply here in the "more" drop down.
- You must have the resources available to have a basic town center and at least 5 plots ready within 30 days of submitting the application.
- Once your application is approved you will meet with me in game to setup your town location. I will help you create a town claim, which you can then create subclaims inside of for plots.
- Towns are required to have an area where people can shop. Town owner can also rent out town shop subclaims!
- We use an advanced chest shop plugin. You can find info on how to use it in the Shops tutorial in this forum.
- Large towns may get special admin shops where you can buy things such a /fly or other special perks.
- For items, there are no admin shops. All items are survival and controlled by members.
Last edited: 7 months ago